Mar 17, 2010

Welcome back...............


So I am back from a sabbatical…….I don’t think if that is the right word because I have never been so busy in other phases of life . This one is the first since I have stepped out from my college life and before I knew it, 2 years were almost over. Like all humans even I believe that I had rather tough time in my corporate (Yes we normally do not remember our good times) but yes again I learnt more about life and people here then anywhere else. Trust me competition we faced in our schools and college is nothing as compared to real life…….Its not just about our grades but about our lives, and yes unlike for me this job meant more than anything for employees here, and why not when you have only one bride and 100 suitors you have no option but to prove yourself to be the best . Another important thing I learnt here is that targets wont finish and even after finishing the most stupendous task you will be left with much more to do so always do things you like (I really missed writing on my wall L).

So time for a new beginning and what better way to do it then playing with those innocent kids who are not even aware of my language. Today we had an NGO

( Nanhi kali) visiting our office premises. I with other members of GPTW made all the arrangements for the visit to our premises. These kids made us believe that humanity and love needs no language. Although I hardly understood any words they spoke (They only understood telgu!!!) but the glitter in their eyes and radiance of their smile made me believe that they really enjoyed every moment in Accenture. May be when we have fewer luxuries and more hardships in our lives we learn to value things in a better way and these government school kids were personified examples. When I was so young I did not had such amazing table manners and discipline but these kids already knew the importance of things we often take for granted. At times when I do not like food in my cafeteria I tend to leave my plate unfinished but these 10-12 year kids understand the importance of food that is served to them, I did not see even 1 out of 30 kids wasting even a spoonful of rice, yes gentleman we got to learn from these experiences. Shakespeare said “It is a good divine that follows his own instructions; I can easier teach twenty what were good to be done, than to be one of the twenty to follow mine own teaching.”

There was this little girl Maheshwari who was happiest amongst the lot. Although she never understood a single word I said but every time I asked her if she is enjoying it she used to smile gracefully and I think even prettiest of women in my office can not beat that unmalicious and pleasing smile. She made me realize that all the efforts made in organizing the event were worth it and we have been successful in giving these nanhi kali’s some memorable moments of their childhood. When we asked them if they have any questions for us they told us that they are interested in going to the library. Is not that amazing……..at least I was surprised, as a kid I was always running away from the books and the library period was a kind of torture period for me. May be because I had a tutor coming to my home everyday who made me learn those important answers and get those descent grades but these underprivileged kids were very different and it seemed that they were much more grown up then what is reflected by their age and those innocent faces. As they went inside the library that curiosity of learning and knowing more was apparently visible in their shining eyes.

We wanted to share many more things from our so called uncooperative corporate world but then we had our work waiting for us. We gifted each girl with a lunch box and a water filter for their school. In the end I returned to my seat as a happy man , I had done my bit towards the society and may be for few days I will feel happy that I did something which I like…………….





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job Harshit! Am sure these memories will bring a smile on your face in the years to come...and no doubt the little ones will remember you everyday they open their lunch boxes for a happy meal:)

its me saurabh tambi.... said...

Good work jaani!!! keep going like dis :)

pavni said...

nice to know corporates aren't all heartless...
tk cre :)